Primary and Emergency Care
Limited access to medical care not only has an impact on employee health, availability for work and turn-over but a direct impact on the bottom line. UnitedHealthcare Global primary and emergency care services work together to protect the health of remote workforces, reduce down time and facilitate fit-for-work returns.
Our programs are designed to help minimize the impact of your operations on local health resources and decreases the amount of time lost transporting your workers to an institutional health center.
What makes UnitedHealthcare Global different?
- Remote workers need to know they have access to reliable medical care. Equipped with a range of skill sets and accreditations, our medical personnel perform both primary and emergency roles giving workers confidence that onsite medics can treat day to day issues and when needed and can employ best practice emergency medical response.
- When workers are injured, every moment counts. Our point-of-care diagnostic and monitoring protocol empowers medics to make critical patient diagnosis decisions in the field, resulting in care that is timely and rapid.
- Onsite medics are continually challenged to make treat or no-treat decisions – all of which impacts the health of your workers. That’s why our diagnostic testing services are underpinned by global clinical protocols that are compliant with industry best-practices and local regulation. This essential protocol helps ensure medics make decisions focused on improving health outcomes that protect the employee and the company.
- We work with your onsite staff to establish emergency care planning protocol that is customized to meet your corporate Medical Emergency Response Plan. This includes deployment of appropriate processes, equipment and personnel to ensure your workers and contractors receive the quality care and treatment.
- By providing both advanced emergency services and clinical care, we can bundle services with occupational health, drug and alcohol testing, and other programs into one complete package, saving your company time, reducing the potential for shut-downs, and keeping workers on the job.
- Medical personnel have the training and tools to treat patient’s onsite whenever possible. They are backed by a dedicated team of remote health care professionals who can help determine when to escalate a case which helps avoid costs associated an unnecessary emergency port calls, course deviations, shutdowns or evacuations.
Products and Services
- Outpatient Care
- Point-of-Care Diagnostic Testing
- Wellness and Preventative Programs
- Onsite Patient Observation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Patient Resuscitation
- Medical Evacuation
Request a quote A UnitedHealthcare Global representative is standing by to help guide you through the process.