Offshore medical incidents can quickly escalate and we understand that Responsible Officers need immediate support and advice from medical experts they can trust. A single call to UnitedHealthcare Global’s Virtual Health Services team of Physicians gives the offshore team 24/7/365 support, and the confidence to treat patients safely and effectively. And for the organisations themselves, our in-house telemedicine service offers cost-effective, remote medical solutions that work to enhance medical outcomes and improve productivity.
What makes UnitedHealthcare Global different?
- Available 24/7/365, just one call to our dedicated call center connects the Responsible Officer or onsite Medic our in-house team of experienced Physicians who can give immediate support for patients facing a minor or major health emergency.
- Better health outcomes happen through evidence-based decision making. With direct access to clinical advice and expertise, our medical teams use their global clinical oversight to help deliver appropriate advice and guidance for the specific situation, minimizing the risk of unnecessary medical evacuations and avoiding travel-related stressors that could compromise the patient’s treatment and recovery.
- It takes a highly skilled, experienced team to deliver the best medical care enabling better health outcomes. We therefore work in tandem with the offshore team, to ensure clear communication to help safeguard the welfare of patients and improve medical decision-making.
- Getting your people and crew back to work is our top priority. Compliant and cost effective, our Virtual Health Services can effectively help diagnose and recommend treatment, without incurring the expenses associated with unnecessary evacuations, docking, detours or downtime causing productivity to drop.
- We recognize that one size doesn’t fit all. That is why we work directly with you to understand how we can best support you and your teams, providing the most appropriate telemedicine services that fit your organization’s needs, potential risks, location and budget.
Virtual Health Solutions
24/7/365 Medical Support - Physician telephone advice to on-site healthcare professionals
- Centralised UK-based call centre
- In-house clinical team
- Medical evacuation advice
- Patient triage
- Prescription medication authorization
- Clinical governance and protocols
- Case review
- Workplace injury management
- On request, Physician Video Consultation to the Healthcare professional
Request a quote A UnitedHealthcare Global representative is standing by to help guide you through the process.